Thursday, August 11, 2016

AION - Zombie Apocalypse Outfit

Since Halloween is just around the corner, I figure I should do something fitting the season. I have already done a Vampire outfit, so what should I do next that can fit the Halloween theme... Hmmm...Well...I didn't actually have to wonder for long because the idea showed up in a poster. :D
 
So, I was on my way back home when I saw this poster of a new Korean movie "Train to Busan". At a first glance, it seem like a war movie, where the people are fleeing a war by taking a train to Busan. And that's exactly what I thought... until I saw a review of the movie which stated it as a Zombie Apocalypse movie! To be fair, I placed the poster here for you guys to decide. Did you guys notice anything that evidently showed that it is a Zombie apocalypse movie?  :p
 
Movie Poster
Anyway, since the movie has given me the idea to mod zombie apocalypse outfit for my character, I now need to decide which Aion skin is best fitted for the mod. After some searching I felt that since it is zombie apocalypse, I should probably use some modern outfits instead of ancient looking armor. In the end, I decided to use the "Neat Marine Blue" and "Cool Summer Look" outfits.
 
Part of the reason why I choose "Neat Marine Blue" is because of a Japanese animation that I watched before, namely "High School of the Dead", where a group of high school students fought their way out of their zombie-plague high school and town, hoping to reunite with their families. And the "Neat Marine Blue" is... yes, a Japanese sailor-styled uniform. Take a look below at the 2 skins before the mod.
 
Before Mod
So...What should I do to make the outfits adhere to the theme of zombie apocalypse? From my research, it seem zombie apocalypse is always associated with torn clothing, claw marks, and.... blood, blood and more blood! And that's what I did exactly. So for readers who have phobias looking at huge amount of blood, it is a good idea to stop reading now.  :p
 
 
 
Last chance to turn back. Don't say I didn't warn you...
 
Well... since you persisted, let's take a look at the after-mod screenshots.
 
Front view
Front view - Close-up
Rear view
Rear view - Close-up
Side view
Side view - Close-up
A major flaw that I find in the mods is that they have a symmetry pattern instead of pure randomness. This is due to the fact that skin designers mostly create only 1 side of the outfit and duplicate it on the other side, in order to save data space which translate into the game file size. The only exception is when the skin is designed to be different on the left and right, as in the case of the "Cool Summer Look" pants. That is why I can put a claw mark on 1 side and torn clothing on the other.
 
So, what do you guys think of the zombie apocalypse outfit? Can they make it for the Halloween?
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment