Friday, August 5, 2016

AION - Stormbringer Regalia Mod

Today, we'll be looking at one of my favorite unique skin in Aion, the Stormbringer Regalia, which is a full set skin including the chest, pants, shoulder, glove and boots. This skin is only available through events' reward and recently in the Blackcloud marketplace.
 
Just for some fun facts, it is actually based on the "Monkey King" or "Monkey God", aka "Sun Wukong" from the Chinese mythical folks lore "Journey to The West". You may also want to know that "Goku" from "Dragonball" series actually borrowed his Chinese name, and they both ride on cloud and has a really heavy staff that can grow really long (well...when Goku was still a boy, that is). And by staff, I mean a real weapon like a pole... not "that" body part of a guy.  What are you thinking!   ~.~
 
Well, enough of facts, let's look at what I want to do for this great skin. I faintly remembered that when I first saw this skin, it was like "WOW! I want this skin!", probably due to the leggy-ness and the sexy sides.  :p   But it also gives me a tinkling feeling that it resembles something... but I just can't recall... Take a look at the original skin and see if you guys can make any connection.
 
Original skin
It wasn't until some time later that it struck me that it actually resembles a kitchen apron (except that it's a very sexy one, of course  :p  ), when all the other accessories are removed... So, there we are, I'm going to make a sexy kitchen apron! That kind that we sometimes see in movies, where the ladies kind of teases their men, with nothing on except for the apron, while cooking in the kitchen. But, of course, I'm not going to let her go commando for my mod.  >.<
 
In order to achieve the feel of a kitchen apron, I have to remove almost all the accessories, such as the hand guards, scarf, shoulder guards and the "rolled-up poncho" (?) behind her back. I mainly kept the cloth, gourd (because it's cute :p ) and the cloth wrapping around her mid body.
 
Some of the parts that cannot be removed include the arm band, leg band and boots because of the meshes. If I removed them, those parts of her body will also disappear, and if I recolor them to skin color, it would look weird as they are protruding above the normal skin surfaces.  :(
 
Let's us look at what the final product looks like.
 
Front view
 
Rear view
 
Side view

Front view - close-up

Side view - close-up
Oh! I forgot to mention that I did remove a piece of the cloth on the butt, since a kitchen apron normally does not come with rear protection. :p 
 
Rear view - close-up
Eagle-eyed viewers may have also noticed that I have replaced the cloud patterns on the front of cloth with a heart and the word "Love". By the way, anybody saw my bear?
 
So, do you guys think this mod looks close enough like a sexy, teasing apron? Check out the YouTube video to see her busy in the kitchen. And, yes... Aion does have kitchens :p

 

No comments:

Post a Comment