Wednesday, November 16, 2016

AION - Adma Jerkin Mod

Hello and welcome back to AION Skin Mod! For this week's mod, we'll be looking at a leather armor from AION 5.0, namely the "Adma Jerkin". This chest armor drops off the last boss in the "Adma's Fall" dungeon and shared the same model with several others such as "Laboratory Jerkin" and "Boundless" armor set.
 
Hmm... There's no particular reason why I chose this armor except that it has been on my mind for quite some time now. Or maybe because it's plate, chain and cloth counterparts all look much nicer and I'm disgruntled as a leather user.    ~.~" 
 
Anyway, let's first take a look at the original armor and maybe you will agree with me.
 
Multiple View - Original Armor
 
Front and Rear Close-ups View
So, as you can see it is a tight fit, almost full body armor, which looks like some sort of patchwork (at least in my opinion). And those fins by the legs are like.... totally unnecessary?    -.-"
 
Readers who have followed this blog might guess what I will do to the pants... Something like turning it into a panties style to show off those leggy legs? Well.... wrong! Finally, I have managed to fight off the temptation to modify every pants into panties.... Or at least for this armor...   XD  
 
So, what else can I do to make the armor more appealing? Well, like I had mentioned before the armor looks like it was put together using several different pieces. So what I did was to totally remove one color (black) and turn those areas into a transparent plastic looking surface.
 
Compare these images below and maybe it is easier to understand.
 
Front View
Side View
Rear Close-up View
As can be seen on the above images, the black leather areas have been transformed into glassy transparent surfaces showing her skin color. And although I really hate those fins, I just can't remove them because they leave holes when removed!  >.<"    So I kind of, have to live with them, letting them disfigure that beautiful glassy surface.  D:  The only thing I can do is to recolor them to gold so that they can at least fit into the picture.
 
For eagle-eye readers, you may have also noticed something that I had done on the bra of the armor. Yes... The bra is actually also transparent... But I am not that evil and did redesigned the patterns on it to hide the center portion.  XD
 
So do you guys agree the armor looks a little more appealing now?  :D

 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment