Wednesday, December 21, 2016

AION - Noble Sky Dragon's Hauberk and Chausses

In the previous post when I was modifying the Noble Sky Dragon's Tunic and Leggings, I also took a peek at its chain version (Noble Sky Dragon's Hauberk and Chausses) since it is time for a chain armor mod. The design for the chain set looks very similar to the cloth one, although the mesh is kind of different, especially for the upper torso, as I will discuss later.
 
As for the chausses, nothing much needs to be done as it is just a simple short skirt that looks something like 2 pieces of short cloth covering front and back, and 2 extra scale-like 'covers' that are on the sides of the upper thighs. The funny thing is that the hauberk itself has 2 long pieces of cloth, running down the sides to the knee level, that totally covers the 2 extra 'covers'.    ~.~ 
 
After describing so much, I guess it's time to show the original armor.
 
Front views - Original Armor
As you can see or rather can't see, the 2 side covers of the chausses is totally hidden by the 2 pieces of long cloth. And you probably will not see them in the mod version either because I had removed them to give her leggy legs a super high cut.   :p
 
The hauberk design broke the upper torso into 3 parts, namely the upper back with side, upper front torso (a.k.a. breast) and lower torso. And because of this, I got into some trouble trying to give the hauberk a bare shoulder look.   D:
 
Rear and Side Views - Original Armor
From the two views, the armor looks complicated. Is it really possible to mod a bare back and shoulder out of it? Well... let's take a look at the mod version below.
 
Front Views
 
Rear and Side Views
Ahhh! Does the mod armor looks 'cleaner' now?  :p
 
I gave her a bare shoulder, bare back and what's that...? A fiery bra? From the still images, you probably can't see it but there is actually flame-colored fluid moving on the bra.  O.o

The "Fiery Bra" actually came as a surprise to me as well. It all started with the 3 parts torso that I had mentioned earlier. Due to the separation of the parts, I have problem matching skin color between the top and breast area, and on top of that, there's also slight discontinuity in the mesh where the 2 regions meet. The image below can explain better.

Color Mismatch and Discontinuity
This issue does not bother the original armor because well.. it's armor pieces that are put together and thus, mismatched color and discontinuity is acceptable. Unfortunately, we can't have that happening on the body layer itself, can we?    >.<

After several unsuccessful attempts, I finally decided to cover the breast area in a transparent bra. When it was all done and I looked at the character in game, I was amazed to see the fiery bra instead! And it looks so cool that I decided to keep it.   :D
 
The fiery nature has probably been included in the mesh meta data because if we look closely at the original armor, there's a little flame movement on the frame of the armor as well. I guess it got kind of extended due to the way I applied the colors.   @.@
 
By the way, to make the fiery bra 2 points more sexier (and I do mean literally 2 points), I had secretly added something. It is slightly more obvious in the still images because I was looking to capture that precise moment, coupled with the correct lighting condition. In the video or in game, the fluidity of the flame mostly conceals that 2 point sexiness.  :p
 
But I am guessing some people might prefer to admire the smooth contour instead of some concealed sexiness, so I have also created another mod, which involves a ring around the breast region, to hide the discontinuity, as shown in the image below.

Front Views - Alternate Mod
So which version would you choose? Check out the video for the fiery bra (Ring mod not included - that sounded like a phrase from some commercials  :p   ).


 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment