Wednesday, January 4, 2017

AION - Assassin Outfit Mod

Wishing everyone a very Happy New Year! Hope everybody had a wonderful Christmas and New Year holiday.  :D    
 
How many new year resolutions did you managed to achieve last year? Great work if you have managed to achieve all of them. But if you have some left over, well, you are not alone... I have plenty left unachieved too...  DX  
 
So, have you planned your new resolution for this new year then? Let us strive and hope that we can achieve all of them by the end of the year!
 
But for now, let us get to the first post of the new year and as the title suggested, this post will be showcasing a mod on an assassin outfit. What drove me to work on this mod? Well... In my previous post, I had worked on a "Harley Quinn Outfit" and while I was looking into the details for Harley Quinn's outfit, another character from the movie "Suicide Squad" attracted my attention. If it is still not obvious enough for you, it's "Katana" (performed by Karen Fukuhara).

The white mask contrasted by her black hair; white wrapping cloth on her torso, contrasted by a black jacket laced with Japanese-styled ribbons, patterns and banner; combined to give her an unique look, in a way. Not forgetting the katana that Katana wields (Hmm... that sounded strange   ~.~  ) is said to be cursed and will absorb the souls of its victims, while driving an evil wielder to commit evil acts.  O.O    Fortunately, she's not evil and thus, not driven to perform evil act.    
 
Just for a bit of information, katana is a kind of Japanese sword used by Samurai in ancient feudal Japan. Tatsu Yamashiro (a.k.a. "Katana") probably adopts the name from the type of weapon she mainly use. Hence, a katana-wielding Katana.   XD
 
For those who have not watched the movie, this is how Katana looks like.

Katana in Suicide Squad Movie Poster
Within AION, there're 2 costumes (Mad Biker and Biker) that I think can be mod to closely resemble Katana's outfit as both wears a jacket with a tight pants. By covering up the legs and modifying the patterns on the jacket and torso we probably can get a close enough match. However, there will be a problem for the ribbons and banners, since I cannot modify the mesh to include them.   :(

Mad Biker & Biker Costume
So I decided not to fully duplicate Katana's look and do it in another way, following the torso wrapping but without the jacket, or rather draping a "jacket" over her shoulder.

Surprisingly, trying to find a suitable chest piece actually took me a lot more time than expected. The chest piece needed to not show the cleavage, as expected of a chest wrapping, while the shoulder and tummy area needs to be skin layer. I had tried on several chest armors and all failed because of the requirement for tummy and shoulder skin layers.  D:

Fortunately, AION never lets me down. When I am almost loosing hope, I decided to take a final look at costumes instead of armor, and alas, I found the "Bard's Look" set. As we can recall from my initial few posts, costumes in AION normally come in a 5-in-1 piece fashion, where the chest, pants, shoulder, gloves and shoes are all combined into the chest piece. This means that if the character equipped the chest costume, its all other 4 parts (pants, shoulder, glove and shoe) will be replaced as well.

But for the "Bard's Look" set, it comes in 5 separate pieces and the chest piece (Bard's Blouse) is very close to what I needed. It has everything from covered cleavage to skin layer shoulder and tummy. The only unwanted parts are the 2 cloth "buns" on the upper arm, which I have to keep, because we will be looking at missing upper arms if they are removed.   :(

The other armor pieces that I have chosen for this mod are the "Vasharti Brigade General's Vambraces", "Anuhart Breeches" and "Kaisinel Protector's Shoulderguard", which I have used to 'fake' the jacket that is draping from the shoulder. But in my opinion, any tight pants, such as the "Veteran Hunter's Breeches" would fit in nicely with the mod too.
 
What does the final mod looks like?
 
Front Views 
As shown in the image above, I had turned the torso area into wrappings and also removed the leg guards from the "Anuhart Breeches" to reveal her full leg. The mask was also modified to be full white and slightly trimmed.

Rear View

Front and Rear Views - No Shoulder

From the last image in which the shoulder has been unequipped, you can clearly see the 2 "buns", on her upper arms, that I have been forced to keep.    >.<   But I did fixed the color to a red-black combo.
 
Finally, watch the video for the assassin in action. The video is a little dark as it was taken during the in-game night time, since assassin usually strikes in the night.  :p

 

No comments:

Post a Comment