Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Blade & Soul - Courtesan (Jin Outfit) Mod

After clearing out the list of requests, I finally got time to work on an outfit that I have been thinking about for a long time. The Courtesan outfit is considered one of the oldest outfit in game, making its first appearance on Namsoyoo when she was lured by Jinsoyun to the capital of the Talus Dominion. Being promised to be made the Empress, she was nothing but a vase ready to be shattered as a sacrificial lamb for the Heavens Mandate. As such, the outfit is not given a glorious Empress-related name but Courtesan, which I think is quite befitting.

The outfit was first made available to players during a sale or event (I am not 100% sure) in year 2018; and it is, as of the time of this post, available through the Legendary Outfit Chest sold in Hongmoon store. These outfit chests, as described in an earlier post, gives a random outfit out of a list of fifteen; and Courtesan is one of them. However, this outfit is special because it is bind-on-equip, and such it can be sold on the in-game marketplace or traded between players. Since I got my hands on it, I figure that I should mod it right away. 😆

Although what I mentioned above seem to imply that the outfit is not befitting of an Empress, the Courtesan is in fact a beautiful and classy outfit. We can verify this in the images of the original outfit below.

Front View - Original Outfit
The main part of the outfit is a bronze colored metallic frame that covers the chest area and wraps around to the crotch and back.

A piece of silky orange cloth seems to make up a half-side dress that covers the right side of the torso and the right leg.

It also sports a pair of translucent stockings and a laced shirt that only covers the shoulder and both arms.

Front Close-up View - Original Outfit
The outfit is further adorned by a red rose on the right side of the waist, a pair of metallic bracer that wraps around the wrists on both hands and other trinkets.

Rear View - Original Outfit
A strip of orange translucent cloth drapes from the trinket at the top-center of the back and flows down to the ankles.

Rear Close-up View - Original Outfit
The extension of metallic frame from the chest also forms the panty. A metallic panty... 😲

Right Side View - Original Outfit

Right Side Close-up View - Original Outfit

Left Side View - Original Outfit

Left Side Close-up View - Original Outfit
Do you agree that the outfit is beautiful and classy? 😅

For the mod, I wanted to simplify the outfit, so I removed the pair of translucent stockings and laced shirt. However, the orange half-dress does not look that nice without the pair of stockings so I tried to remove it as well. Unfortunately, there is a hole at the abdomen area so I can only trim the half dress, instead of total removal.

Upon removal of the stockings, the metallic panty on the left thigh looks a bit strange with its horizontal protrusion. So, I trimmed the horizontal extension of the panty and also kept part of the stockings to act as continuation.

Now, let us look at what the outfit has become.

Front View - Modified Outfit
As seen, the pair of stockings and the laced shirt has been removed.

Front Close-up View - Modified Outfit
The half-dress was also trimmed. The front was seen to have been trimmed too much because the area below that actually slides inward towards the crotch area, instead of flowing straight down. So I had to cut it to that length. 😓

Rear View - Modified Outfit

Rear Close-up View - Modified Outfit
We can see part of the retained stockings that I use to smooth out the horizontal protrusion from the metallic panty.

Left Side View - Modified Outfit
The left side view looks empty without the orange cloth.

Left Side Close-up View - Modified Outfit

Right Side Close-up View - Modified Outfit
Overall, I am not fully satisfied with the mod because in exchange for a sexy feel, the classiness is lost. Well... can't have the cake and eat it... 😰 

With this, I will wrap up the Jin Courtesan mod here. Check out the video for closer views.


4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. This mod is only for Jin. I have added the Gon version to my To-Do list though.

      Delete
  2. no yun version for this one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not done for Yun yet since no one requested for it, but I can add it to my TO-DO list.

      Delete