Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Blade & Soul - Commitment (Gon Outfit) Mod

This week, we will be looking at the Gon Commitment outfit, which is a request from almost a month ago after I posted the Yun Commitment mod. The details about the outfit can be found in the Yun post so I will skip them.

As mentioned before in the Yun post, Commitment looks exactly similar for all three races. The outfit has a modern design sporting a sleeveless shirt with open front and back, a pair of white trumpet trousers and finally a very thick belt on the waist.

Although, I dislike the trumpet trousers (because they looks very 70s 😐 ), I cannot do much about it because removing or trimming them would reveal a disconnected pair of feet. 😓

The most that I can do, is for the shirt as shown in the Yun mod, where I transformed the shirt into a laced layer. That is also what I plan to do for the Gon mod.

But before that, let's take a look at the original outfit below, as proof that the three versions for the Yun, Gon and Jin has the exact same design. 😅

Front View - Original Outfit

Front Close-up View - Original Outfit
The base design can be seen to be an exact copy of the Yun, right down to the tattoos on the body. However, their positions can be seen slightly shifted due to the inherent difference between the Yun and Gon body mesh.

Rear View - Original Outfit

Rear Close-up View - Original Outfit
The demon face decoration on the belt looks the same too.

Side View - Original Outfit

Side Close-up View - Original Outfit
As mentioned earlier in the post, I did the same Yun mod on the Gon's version.

Although the mod seems pretty easy like just making holes in the shirt, in actual fact, it takes a little more effort than that. I skipped mentioning that in the Yun post since that part of the mod cannot be seen or compared between the original and modified versions. But I thought I would explain it here as a supplement.

The not so obvious part of the mod has something to do with the skin color which is hidden below cloth. I guess now you can understand why it cannot be verified by comparing the original and modified versions. 😆

If we are to look closely at all outfits, we will notice that the skin color darkens between an area exposed to surrounding light and an area hidden under cloth. This boundary creates a shadow-like effect much like our real world. As such, the entire skin surface under the Commitment's cloth has a darker shade to it.

Now that I intend to make the originally fully concealed area semi-visible from outside, I need to take care of that, by recoloring those areas to normal skin color while also preserving the tattoos.

So, as you can see now, it is not just simply 'poking' holes in the shirt alone. 😅

Let us take a look at the modified Gon Commitment below.

Front View - Modified Outfit

Front Close-up View - Modified Outfit
As seen in the images above, the originally fully opaque cloth now has lace pattern on it, giving a semi see through effect.

Rear View - Modified Outfit

Rear Close-up View - Modified Outfit
The back of the shirt has also been modified to lace.

Side View - Modified Outfit

Side Close-up View - Modified Outfit
Unfortunately, I do not have the outfit on my Gon so I cannot get any closer look at the mod to check if the important points have been carefully concealed. So don't scream if you notice anything unusual. 😰

Oh, by the way, if you think that this outfit can be made topless, I suggest you to forget about it. 😆  Although the entire torso does exist under the shirt, the mesh structure of the breasts looks weird since they have been altered to fit into the shirt. The sides look like they are permanently compressed towards the center. It does not stand out that much under a semi see-through setting but it looks really weird if nothing is over the area. 😑

Since I do not have the outfit, I can only make the video using the in-game Tailorshop. Thus, I cannot do any close up views due to the limitations but I hope it is enough to show the mod.


5 comments: