Thursday, September 8, 2016

AION - Rentus Recovery Cloth Armor Set Part 2: Rentus Recovery Tunic and Ophidan Legging Mod

As promised in the previous post, we'll take a look at how we can take our armor customization to the next level through the use of skin mods. In order to achieve my desired customization, I have modified both the Rentus Recovery Tunic (or Rebel tunic) and the Ophidan Legging. So without further delay, let us look at the before and after screen captures.
  
Front view - Before and After
Can you guys spot the difference?   :p   

In case you have difficulty spotting the changes, the following 3 screen captures will point them out for you.   :D

Front view - accessories removed
Well, for the first thing, I removed the golden, mini wing-like accessories located at the front of her waist, which I had mentioned in the previous post. Not only does it not change color with the tunic, but it also looks out of place with the replaced skirt (Ophidan legging). So, off it goes!    >.<

Front view - Full to partial armor
The next item that I mod is the chest area. Although the full chest armor looks nice, it gives this strong, hard feel of a plate armor. As such, I decided to have it mod into a bra-type armor, to give it a softer, clothier feel. It's a cloth armor to begin with, isn't it?  XD
 
Actually I also tried removing the sleeves but it exposed some discontinuities between the upper arm and the main body, so I scrapped the idea.  ~.~

Front view - Trimmed skirt
For the last item on the list, I finally got to the Ophidan legging. Readers who have followed this blog would have probably guessed what I intended to do... My love for leggy-ness.   :p
 
If you did guess correctly, well congratulation, but sorry...  no prize to give away   :'(    As a consolation, you can download this mod from the link at the end of this post.    :p
 

Anyway, I stripped off the cloth part of the skirt to reveal her full legs, but the front portion seems empty because the 'feathers' do not cover the area. I would have replaced the area with the same feathers but it is beyond my access to mod a solid object into a translucent one.   ~.~
 
Instead, I trimmed the around-the-wait skirt into a triangular portion that specifically covers that empty area. Hey! I even added a little design on that small piece of cloth.  :p
 
So, what do you guys think of this fully customized armor set? Or do you guys have some improvement tips (except nude  >.<  )?
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment