Wednesday, September 28, 2016

AION - Mummy Outfit

For the previous 2 (or 4) consecutive posts, I have been touching on mix-and-match of Aion armor with mod. So for this post, I am going to work on a costume mod. With Halloween approaching fast, I figure that I want to add 1 more costume to my stash of Vampire Outfit and Zombie Apocalypse Outfit. My initial idea was to make a Banshee Outfit but it was soon replaced after AION NA introduced the "Luna Shop" event.

In this new event, NCSoft has introduced a new in-game currency called the "Luna Coins", which can be used to complement various aspects of the game that are well-loved by players, such as a wardrobe that can hold skins, for re-skinning unlimited times without destroying the skin, and special daily craft that can make randomly available items such as costumes, decorations, mounts, emotion cards and even pet eggs. :D

But you may be asking what's the Luna Shop got to do with my change of heart, to make a Mummy Outfit instead of a Banshee one? Well, this have to do with one of the skin that was introduced with the Luna Shop, namely the "All-Wrapped Up" costume. Maybe if you take a look at the screen capture below, you will know why. XD


All-Wrapped Up!
As you guys can see, this new costume kind of wrap up my character, with ribbons, into a pleasant "present". XD   And incase "All-Wrapped Up" sounded like something that I have made up out of the blue, it is in fact and really the in-game name of this costume. I didn't make the name up.  >.<

But would you guys agree that other than the ribbon, the wrapping itself do look something like a mummy's wrapping? Well, that's what I thought when I first look at this costume, and so, Mummy Outfit comes to mind.  :p

Unfortunately, a pretty face popping out above a wrapped up mummy's body just doesn't seem to be correct.  ~.~   And to make it double unfortunate, there is no way I can change her head since I do not have the means to modify the mesh (or skin surface).  :'(

But hey! This is AION, the king (or queen  o.o?  ) of  games, in terms of skin assortment! And the answer to my problem, is in yet another skin, namely the "Spooky Spandex". Look at my hero (or maybe anti-hero after you have seen what it is..) in the screen capture below.


Spooky Spandex
I hope it didn't spook you.  :p   But yes! This is exactly the skin needed to pull it off . And so, I got off to work by duplicating part of "All-Wrapped Up" design onto the "Spooky Spandex".

For the final product, take a look at the images below.
Front view
Rear view

 
Side view
Is this more spooky than the Spooky Spandex? Especially that featureless face, making you wonder what lurks behind those wraps.  >.<"   For some reason, it also kind of reminds me of the "Silver Surfer" from "Fantastic Four".


Well... I had wanted to expose part of her face, similar to her body, but the mesh has nothing below the cloth, so removing the cloth would cause a "hole" to appear in the face. We can't want our cake and eat it as well I guess..  >.<

Well, that's all for the mod shown here but in the video, you will get to see the other fun thing about the mod, due to the special effect of "Spooky Spandex", when the character get into combat mode. :D


 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment