Thursday, September 15, 2016

AION - A Re-visit to Rebel Chain Set

Today, we'll be re-visiting the Rebel (Rentus Recovery) Chain Set because I just love this armor set so much.  xD   If you guys can recall, I have done a mod for the Hauberk (Rebel Cleric/Chanter/Aethertech Hauberk) and turned it into a 2 piece bikini armor (Veteran Hunters Chausses) in my previous 2 posts. In this post, I will show yet another possibility that we can have with this set of armor with it's newer counterpart (Vasharti General's Chain set).   :D
 
First of all, let's refresh our memories on how the original set looks like.
 
Front & Rear view
 
Front & Rear view - Close-up
 
Side view - Close-up
This armor set may be slightly old (AION 4.X) but I still see players wearing whole or part of it here and there, because it is just so unique and beautiful. However, like I have said before, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and my opinion of the baggy pants is still a sad "zzzz".  D:

So, I looked through the massive AION chain skin collection and found the pants that I need. This pants happens to drop in the same dungeon/instance (Occupied Rentus Base), and is the new counterpart of this older set; known as the Vasharti General's Chain set.

Let's see how the new pants match up with the old set, shall we?

New pants but mismatching shoe
Well, the pants seems to sit in nicely, but the shoes (brogans) are kind of mismatch.   :'(    So, I will probably have to replace the shoes as well... Let's see...

Shoes changed and fit nicely
As expected, the new shoes fit in nicely with the pants, since they are designed as one set. :D

Rear view
With the shoes changed, our customized armor set is almost complete, except for the mismatched colors. Unfortunately, for the casual players, dyeing this customized armor set can be a BIG problem because the black pants and the golden top cannot be dyed. For those players, including me (before I learn to mod), who have tried, we will know that only the banner (ribbon) running across the torso and the waist area can be dyed.  T_T

While the color may look fine from the front, because the waist cloth is partially covering the pants, the rear view shows the distinct difference... Which is not ok, as this is the view I am looking at when she moves about.  :(

So, in the next step, I will get into mod mode to modify the colors and remove that banner and lines running along her arm. But that'll be in Part 2, so stay tuned.  :p

P.S: For eagle eyes readers, you guys may have also noticed that the bracers have been "secretly" changed. While I think the ring bracer looks cool, the 3 lines that run from the bracer to her 3 fingers aren't. So, I instinctively replaced them, forgetting that I can simply remove the 3 lines too, with mod.   >.<"   LOL...  So don't worry... those braces will be back in Part 2.  :p

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment