Wednesday, October 19, 2016

AION - Lunatic Modor's Breastplate Mod

First of all, I want to apologize for missing posts for the past 1 week; or maybe it is just my imagination that I have readers eagerly waiting for my next post?    >.<"   Well... Anyway, the past week has been an unfruitful one with multiple family/personal issues happening simultaneously, messing up all my planning and thus missing out on the posts. But I guess no one will be interested to hear my rantings, so let's just throw them all behind and continue to our next mod.  XD
 
In this post, we will be looking at the Lunatic Modor's Breastplate since I have promised to do more mods on plate armor. The skin or model of this plate armor is also shared by a few other plate armors, such as Breastplate of the Labyrinth (Archive of Eternity), Enraged Hyperion's Breastplate (Infinity Shard) and Ageless Breastplate (world drop). And as we will see later, it is a hard skin to mod due to some constraints around the tummy area.
 
Let us now look at the original armor which is nice but err... uninteresting. Oh, by the way, I have used the shoulder from another costume (Archangel shoulder) because it is my new favorite.  :D
 
Multiple view - Original armor
As seen in the above image, the armor provides full protection from neck to toe with no skin to show at all.  ~.~   So how should I go about making it more "interesting"?

Hmm... actually I have been trying to do an armor similar to the one worn by the main character, Ryuko Mataoi, from the Japanese anime "Kill la Kill". The fun part about Ryuko's armor is that it is actually a sentient sailor suit, which forces itself onto her after having tasted her blood in an accidental fall. It even has a name "Senketsu" (or Godrobe), speaks in a male (of course..) voice and looks really skimpy (of course, again..).

Take a look at this screen capture from the anime and decides for yourself whether you consider it skimpy.   :p

Kill la Kill Anime Screen Capture
Basically, Senketsu protects only the upper part of her body, covering the upper part of Ryuko's breasts and 2 red straps joining to her panties. However, looks can be deceiving because the armor grants her super powers and certain level of invulnerability, even at areas where it is not covering; though they are granted in exchange for her blood.   O.O 
 
Well, enough talk about the anime. So which part of Senketsu did I try to emulate? If you guys have been following me, you might have guess.  XD

Take a look at this image and see for yourself.  :p

Multiple views - Modified armor
As you can see, the modified armor's chest area is as skimpy as that of Ryuko's except that it did not have straps running down because if I did that, it would look unnatural as the straps will follow the contour of the breasts, instead of running straight down. This is because there is no other mesh layer above this skin layer so the straps will have to be drawn directly onto the skin, giving an unnatural look.

Side view
I have also trimmed the cloth on the butt area because they are seriously blocking my view  >.<   and also modified the full pants into a panties styled armor, but unfortunately, a mesh constraint on her tummy forced me to have a piece of armor there. This is due to the discontinuity between the upper and lower body mesh, where the upper body mesh floats slightly above the lower body mesh. This means that if I had painted both of them with skin color, we will see the upper body skin flapping above the lower body skin. And if I had removed the upper body skin, it would create a hole. Thus, it is more logical to put a piece of armor to overcome this constraint since we won't mind if a piece of armor flaps over the body skin or another armor skin.  :p
 
Well, that conclude the mod for this armor but sadly, while admiring the finished work, I noticed mesh defects on the lower side of her left breast and upper left thigh when she moves. Initially, I thought it was bump defect (on the bump map) but after checking, I conclude that it is in fact a defect on the mesh-skeleton, where the mesh moves with the skeleton movement when it shouldn't. And this is something beyond my mod capability.  Q.Q
 
You probably can see the defect more clearly in the video as she moves around.
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I like your good work
    but a question
    do more mod's
    You can be more mod
    I paid for it I want =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lelouchli, I'm glad that you like the mods. If you have a certain armor that you like to see modified, you can let me know and I'll try to see if it can be done :)

      Delete