Tuesday, October 4, 2016

AION - Nyerkcarrier (to Super Hero) Mod

In the last post (Malefic Jerkin Mod), a reader has requested for more plate armor mods. I have to agree that I have been neglecting the plate class, partly because a lot of plate armor has bulky parts, that leave holes on the skin when they are removed. Another reason is that I don't have a high level plate class.  D:   Anyway, I  will start to look further into plate armors but for this post, we are going for a little 'super' fun time.  :D

For readers who don't play AION, I guess you might be asking "What is a Nyerkcarrier?". Well, I think a little explanation is needed for the benefit of all. To make it sound simple, "Nyerk" is a common term used by "Shugo" (AI NPC) in AION, for example, "No more kinah? You sure? Check pockets, nyerk!" or "Watch it! Daeva almost stepped on shugo's tail, nyerk!". Based on this explanation and looking at the image below will probably answer all your questions.
 
A Shugo

Rear view - Nyerkcarrier
 
Yes, the costume actually consists of a backpack that is designed to look like a Shugo and hence the name "Nyerkcarrier". See.... I didn't make the name up.  XD

Check out this video for a few funny Shugo talk.  :p


 
So... What actually got me to work on this costume? Well, I think you can remember the Mummy Outfit that I had shown 2 posts back? That costume, "Spooky Spandex", has this transformation in and out of combat mode; glowing skeleton when in combat and just plain color when out of combat. And while I was working on it, I recalled the "Nyerkcarrier" which have this kind of transformation, except that it transforms from a normal shirt and shorts combo into a caped Shugo warrior. So that got me thinking whether it is possible to mod it into a super hero costume, since we also have flight capability in AION.  :p
 
With the idea set, I got to redesign the Shugo warrior costume into a more modern super hero feel. But where should I start though? Well, first of all, I would need a color scheme for the costume, followed by some logo or crest or symbol.

For the first part, I looked around the comics world and ta-dah, what's more suitable than Supergirl! I mean, almost everybody in the world knows about the super girl, who was introduced by DC Comics in 1959, in her red-blue color-schemed costume, right? So, there we have it. A red-blue color scheme and the best part of it? The Shugo warrior costume closely resembles the basic version of Supergirl's costume!  :D  
 
As for the second part, I chose to use lightning symbol because yellow lightning goes very well with red costume, like the Flash, another DC Comics character.

So... What's the end result? Let us see the image below.

Front view
 
Front view - Close-up

As much as I would like to remove the hood and paddings on her shoulder, I can't because there's nothing below them. In other word, we will only be looking at a face without the back of her head and an invisible shoulder...  >.<"

Therefore, I leave the shoulder as it is, with 2 lightning bolt symbols and trimmed the hood to replace the Shugo face with lightning symbols.
 
Rear view
Catch some super hero actions in the video below and decides whether this costume is super enough for you.  :D

Oh, by the way, I made her wings' skin invisible so she really looks like she's flying in the wind on her own, in the video.  :p
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment