Wednesday, October 26, 2016

AION - Tiamat Guard's Jerkin

In this post, We'll be looking at the very first skin that is related to one of the Dragon Lords, Tiamat, who was defeated in AION 3.5 (Tiamat's Ruin) due to the betrayal of Beritra, another Dragon Lord. This armor set drops off Tiamat herself (Glimmering Dragon Lord's Jerkin and Glowing Dragon Lord's Jerkin) and shared the same model, except for the base color scheme, with the above mentioned armor, Tiamat Guard's Jerkin. The model came in 2 base color schemes of black and red if I recalled correctly; and is so sort after by players, at that time, that AION NA even sell them on the online shop, Black Cloud Market Place (BCM), some months after the armor sets are made available in game. Tease-then-sell, good strategy...   XD

For readers who are wondering what a Dragon Lord looks like in AION, check out Tiamat in her majestic Dragon form battling with Empyrean Lord Marchutan below. By the way, if you are a gamer and find the name somewhat familiar; Tiamat is actually a primordial goddess of the Mesopotamian religion and was famously used in games like Final Fantasy to name huge draconic creatures or summons. So, we learn a little history today...  :D
 
Dragon Lord Tiamat - AION Cinematic Capture

Tiamat vs Marchutan - AION Cinematic Capture
 
Anyway, let's get back to the mod and look at the original tight fitting, full body leather armor which is a 2-in-1 (chest and pants) chest piece. In this post's images, I have used my favorite shoulder, Archangel Shoulder again. And I left her barefooted because I did not mod the shoe of this set and being barefooted will fit in better with the mod version.  
 
Multiple Views - Original Armor
As we can see, the original armor is really tight, showing the body curves clearly and a slit, running from her neck down towards her abdomen, between 2 snake like curves. Also, the "tail" accessory at the back of her left thigh has a chunk of white fur, which I reckon was "plucked" off Tiamat because they really look like the ones on Tiamat.   ~.~
 
Another thing about this skin is that it has a butt-line!  :D   So far, this is one of the only two armors that I have found with that sexy butt line; the other being Vasharti Brigade General's Jerkin. For readers who are baffled by what a butt line means, you can refer to my earlier post Malefic Jerkin.
 
So, is there really a butt line? Check below.
 
Bottom View - Original Armor
With the presence of this precious gem, the devil horns on my head grew and you guys can guess what happen in the mod... Yes! A G-string bottom!  :p
 
Other than being hell-bent on including the G-string, I was not very sure what else I should do for the mod, so I virtually stripped away all the leather leaving the accessories. Luckily, for readers who want to know what the skin looks like without the leather, I have taken a few screen shots to help me figure out what I should do and so I will share the half completed mod image here too. But please don't get overly excited because it looks just like an undecorated mannequin.  >.<
 
Front View - Partially Completed Mod
After much thought, I figured that since I had decided to used a G-string on the bottom armor, it only makes sense to give her a bikini top as well. And because I can't remove the 2 snake like curves, due to the fact that they are embedded on and protruding out over the skin surface, I had to extend the bikini top out from them instead of totally replacing them with skin or bikini color.  >.<
 
So let's take a look at the mod result.
 
Front View

Front View - Close-up

Rear View

Rear View - Close-up
 
Side View
It was not until I finished up all the work and look at her in the world view, that I realized that I had been too stingy on the material for her bikini. I think it looks more like a micro bikini   @.@   But I am too lazy to rework it, so I just left it alone. Let me just pretend that I had skinned too little leather from the defeated Tiamat.    >.<
 
Hmm...that's all for this post. You can watch the YouTube video below which was recorded at Inggison Illusion Fortress where Tiamat's ruin begins (for Elyos version, that is).
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment