Saturday, October 1, 2016

AION - Malefic Jerkin

After looking at so many armor skins in AION, I have seen plenty that is based closely to draconic design, such as "Wise Dragon King" set, "White Dragon King" set and "Dragon Lord" set; which is no surprise since AION is set in a world where Human (Asmodian) vs Human (Elyos) vs Dragon (Balaur). Players can choose to play Asmodian or Elyos, while Balaur is mainly AI NPC (Artificial Intelligence Non-player character). So as in any other game, the AI NPCs become players' target that get put down, looted for skin, scale and what's not, which can then be crafted into armors or weapons. R.I.P to all the poor AI NPC in all games..  >.<"
 
Well... Seeing so many draconic themed armors, set me thinking whether it is possible to just basically wear a dragon.  O.O   This, of course, is a challenging task due to the constraints of meshes and the need to layout the dragon in such a way that all the important parts of the body are covered (you know what I am saying  :p  ). Plus, having a dragon head without 3D effect (can't change the mesh or surface structure) is simply not impressive enough, unless we settle for a 2D tattoo.  ~.~
 
So, while looking through the massive armor skin collection, I noticed this leather 2-in-1 (chest and pants in 1) chest armor known as the "Malefic Jerkin". This armor set closely resembles those worn by Beritra's army and since Beritra is one of the Dragonlords, the armor have some essence of draconic design in it. What especially caught my attention is that this armor has a 3D crest of a dragon head on the chest area and a snake like body that runs from beneath the crest to the lower abdomen. In other words, it is like a whole whelp-styled dragon on the front portion of the armor and exactly what I needed.  :D  However, the armor is also a full body suit which covers the entire body, from neck to ankle.  >.<"

And so, there I go again with my eraser, stripping off all the unwanted material, leaving only the dragon on the naked body and then deciding how to cover up those important areas. Sorry to disappoint you guys but I am not going to show this part of the unfinished mod. Besides, there is no details on the exposed parts and I can safely say that you probably missed nothing that is of interest. DX

So, let's compare the images, before and after mod, to see the differences and whether I have achieved my goals.

Front view
Front view - Close-up
From the 2 images above, you can see that a lot of the leather has been stripped off, since I had only wanted the dragon. :p

I had initially thought of extending the tail to run between her legs, from her lower abdomen to her back; but then, I feel that it is kind of crude to do that, so I scraped the idea and gave her a panties style pants instead.  >.<

Let's take a closer look at her upper body in the image below.

Upper body
You can see the dragon head crest near her throat and there is only the dragon connecting the top and bottom pieces, with what looks like the dragon's claw on her breasts. I had to add the "claws" because the dragon body that runs down her torso does not fully cover her breasts, giving a nipple-slip kind of look.  >.<"  Probably looking at this next side view image will give you a better idea.

Side view
Well... I guess now you can see the reason why I had to add the "claws".  >.<

Rear view
I am guessing some people may be asking why didn't I give her a G-string to make the armor sexier... Well... I have reason for that and that is because the butt area of the mesh is practically a flat piece without butt line.  ~.~

If you don't get what that means, look at the images below, where I compare the Malefic Jerkin to the Vasharti General's Jerkin.

Below view of Malefic Jerkin

Below view of Vasharti General's Jerkin
So, now you probably understand why the 2 butts had to be handled differently. Hmm... that sounded wrong but you guys know what I am saying.

Rear view of Vasharti General & Malefic Jerkin
Well, that wraps things up for this post. Thank you for taking time to read this and see you next time.  :D
 
Side notes: Malefic set is sold by NPC in the Arena area (Kaisinel Academy for Elyos and Marchutan Priory for Asmodian) and only available for purchase, using Abyss points (points rewarded for fighting Balaur or opposing faction), by players who are  ranked 1-Star Officer and above.

4 comments:

  1. I like! Continuous it was always pleasant to play with mod like that kept silent can make Plate for Gladiator ? :3 Sorry my bad english :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, glad that you like the mod. So far, I had only done 1 plate (Vasharti General's Chest plate) because a lot of plate armor have really bulky "parts" added in such a way that it leaves a hole when I try to remove them. -.-" But I can try to look up some plates. Which armor piece would you like to see mod on?

      Delete
    2. Hi!, labyrinth armor or Malefic Hauberk (chain)
      But after you made as you want (sorry my bad english again :()

      Delete
    3. Ah, I see. Let me take a look at them and see if I can mod them. :D

      Delete