Thursday, June 23, 2016

AION - Dragonbound Chain Chest (or simply Hauberk)

The next armor skin that I have taken an interest in, is the Dragonbound Chain Chest (Hauberk). This armor randomly drops off mobs (the Reins people who are bounded by the Balaur, hence the name "Dragonbound"), near UDAS in Inggison and it's now also available for purchase in the Blackcloud Market Place (BCM) as a costume skin.
 
This chest armor similarly to the Vasharti Brigade General's chest armor, is a 2-in-1 (chest and pants) chest skin. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the armor skin, except that it seem to make the right thigh/hip rather protruding in an idle pose, especially for those who have customized their characters with thick thighs. Unfortunately, that's the Meshes and there's nothing that I can do about it.
 
However, I did find the rag covering the left leg rather disturbing (for my eyes ;p) and decided that I should remove it together with the straps running down along the thighs. The straps are supposed to hold the knee guards but who really cares about logic and physics in a game skin! So, here's what the original armor looks like.
 
Original skin
 
So, after my mod, the rag disturbing my eyes are gone! And the straps along with it. :) Take a look at the before-after images below.
 
Front view
Rear view
Left View


Right View
Probably by now, you would have understand what I meant by "disturbing my eyes"? Oh! By the way, did I mention anything about the bra area? Let's take a closer look. ;p


Front View

Left View

Rear View
 Yes.... I have done it yet again... I confess to the fishnet bra, which lets you kind of see through it, for those sharp enough to notice. Well, for those of you who still can't see very clearly from the image, you can check out the "White Rabbit" video, which I have mentioned in my 2nd post for a close-in view of this modified skin. Alternatively, you can check out this video below.



No comments:

Post a Comment