Tuesday, July 19, 2016

AION - Veteran Hunter's Chausses

As promised in previous post, I'll show you guys the leg armor (pants) which I had used to create a match for the Rebel Chain Chest armor. The pants that I used is in this post's title, namely the Veteran Hunter's Chausses. This leather leg armor can be bought from the "Fortuneer" NPC who are stationed at Cygnea or Inggison fortress, with their special reward tokens which are given for completing their daily quest.
 
By the way "chausses" is used as the standardized naming convention for leather leg armor since Aion 4.X, similar to "hauberk" which means chain chest armor. I actually googled those terms, when Aion NA started using them, and they are actual terms used to describe armor in older days (12th to 15th century). See.... we do learn something while playing games :p
 
Anyway, for people who are wondering why my character is wearing both chain and leather at the same time, it is because they provides different character stats (e.g. chain has higher physical defense, while leather provides higher evasion rate). Another reason is because, the original matching pants, Rebel Brogans (i.e. Chain Leg armor) cannot be altered to what I need due to the mesh not following a tight leg shape, as illustrated below.
 
Can't change the baggy pants into a tight fit leg :(
As the image above has shown, I can't modified the "baggy" pants into a tight leg shape if I cannot change the mesh, which determines the surface shape of the armor skin.  :(
 
With everything explained, let's now look at the before and after modification images.


Front view
Rear view
Close-up view
Some people, who has an eagle-eye for fashion, will probably frown at the mismatched chest and leg armor in the above images, but I had actually used that leather top because it has a neat cutoff at the waist line, such that the leg armor can be shown clearly without any obstruction. I modified this leg armor to match another chain armor, remember?   :)
 
To prove my point about the matching, watch the video below for the chest and leg armor worn together.    :)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment