Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Blade & Soul - Steel Heart (Gon Outfit) Mod

The first time I did a Steel Heart mod was for the Yun race back in Dec 2017. But just earlier this month, a patron picked that up and asked if I can do a Gon version. Looking back at the Yun mod, I finally awaken to the reality of how long I have been mod-ding and sharing the mods. 😅

It has been a year and a half since I moved on from AION  and started mod-ding Blade & Soul outfits. And if the time spent mod-ding AION is included, it would make it two and half years by now. I wonder how much longer I can keep this going. 😫

It feels like it was just yesterday when I talked about the Steel Heart outfit and how it resembles the one worn by the main character in the Blade & Soul animation, in the Yun post. How fast time pass us by. 😲

If you have forgotten what I had done for the Yun Steel Heart mod, you can refresh your memory in the link above.

Blade & Soul has come a long way since then and in one of the in-game events, this outfit along with a few others are given in abundance to players who participated in the Fortune Falls event. I guess almost every player would own one on at least one of their characters.

Let's first take a look at the original Gon Steel Heart below.

Front View - Original Outfit

Front Close-up View - Original Outfit
The Gon's Steel Heart looks exactly like the Yun's version with translucent leggings that gives off a slight skin color.

Rear View - Original Outfit

Rear Close-up View - Original Outfit
The same translucent tail cloth can be seen at the back.

Side View - Original Outfit

Side Close-up View - Original Outfit
In the mod, I applied the same design of transferring the translucent layer from the leggings to the torso, while recoloring the legs to skin layer.

So, without further delay, let's check out the mod version in the images below.

Front View - Modified Outfit
Those leggy legs are now skin color. 😅

Front Close-up View 1 - Modified Outfit

And the original grey layer on the torso has now been modified to a translucent layer similar to the original leggings. In case, you can't see it clearly, here's another closer view.

Front Close-up View 2 - Modified Outfit

Rear View - Modified Outfit

Rear Close-up View - Modified Outfit
Similarly, I kept the entire hot pants because it is on a different layer and attempting to change it to skin layer would result in discontinuity between the butt cheek and thighs. 😥

Side View - Modified Outfit

Side Close-up View - Modified Outfit
I guess that rounds up this mod. You can watch the video for closer view and be envious of my new cat paw axe 😍 that I got from the recent Hongsil Storehouse event. 😝



3 comments: